9.52, Jobs: English in China, Japanese/English Linquist

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 15 00:30:23 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-52. Thu Jan 15 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.52, Jobs: English in China, Japanese/English Linquist

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 6 Jan 1998 23:05:53 EST
From:  H S INTL <HSINTL at aol.com>
Subject:  Teach English in China/Taiwan

2)
Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:00:50 -0500
From:  aengel at intlscience.com (Alan Engel)
Subject:  Japanese - English Technical Linquist, Machine Translation

Date:  Tue, 6 Jan 1998 23:05:53 EST
From:  H S INTL <HSINTL at aol.com>

I'm currently directing a Teach-in-China Program to assist those
interested in teaching English in China and Taiwan locate positions
there. If you would like to experience Chinese culture and teach
English at a college/university in China and Taiwan, please contact me
at email: HSINTL at aol.com, cc: ho at newschool.edu or tel/fax:
201-432-6861.  Applications for the next school year are being
accepted. Positions for regular appoinments and summer programs are
available.  If you have a bachelor's degree, good references and are
committed to teaching, we guarantee placement. If you would like to
talk to people that we have helped place in China, which I urge you
to, I would be happy to provide you with a list.

I'll be leading a tour group to visit China this July, as I do every
year, and we'll be visiting five major Chinese cities: Hong Kong,
Hangzhou, Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing. You are welcome to join
us. Contact me for details.

Yong Ho, Ph.D.
Foreign Languages Dept.
New School for Social Research