9.134, FYI: SALISHAN discussion group, LSA deadlines

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 28 23:26:12 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-134. Wed Jan 28 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.134, FYI: SALISHAN discussion group, LSA deadlines

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:51:34 -0800 (PST)
From:  David Robertson <drobert at tincan.tincan.org>
Subject:  Announcing a new discussion group:  SALISHAN

2)
Date:  Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:16:17 +0100
From:  LSA <lsa at lsadc.org>
Subject:  LSA deadlines

Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:51:34 -0800 (PST)
From:  David Robertson <drobert at tincan.tincan.org>

I want to invite you to join a new discussion group originating out of our
public-service net (Tincan by name) in Spokane, Washington.  The group is
to be called SALISHAN, and will cover primarily the languages and cultures
known by that name.  Please reply to me if you wish to subscribe, and I'll
get everything set up within the next few weeks!

About myself:  My name is David Robertson.  I studied linguistics at
Columbia University from 1984 to 1989, and lately have been studying
Spokane with elder Pauline Flett.  As I become more immersed in my
studies, I find that it's good to devour piles of journal articles
- thanks, Raymond Brinkman!-- and borrow books from every library I can
track down.  But a major wish I've had is to be able to facilitate rapid
communication of ideas among people working in this field.  To that end,
I've obtained the gracious permission of Tincan to launch this discussion
group.

I'd love to have you join up and contribute what you can to SALISHAN.
It'll be a learning experience for all of us, I wager.

Now if you know of others who will be interested to know about this group,
by all means forward my message to them.  The more members, the more
lively the discourse.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Sincerely,

David Robertson