10.546, Qs: Tewa/Tiwa, Adjectives, Language learning

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 17 01:01:45 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-546. Fri Apr 16 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.546, Qs: Tewa/Tiwa, Adjectives, Language learning

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:25:31 -0400
From:  faber at lenny.haskins.yale.edu (Alice Faber)
Subject:  Tewa/Tiwa

2)
Date:  Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:49:26 -0600 (CST)
From:  goldberg at AC.GRIN.EDU (Sanford Goldberg)
Subject:  The semantics of adj. like 'big'

3)
Date:  Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:04:27 +0200
From:  "DAVE GOUGH" <mcgee at netactive.co.za>
Subject:  L2 Englishes and L1 varieties

Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:25:31 -0400
From:  faber at lenny.haskins.yale.edu (Alice Faber)

In connection with a speech perception study I'm currently running, I
need to know what lateral fricatives and affricates (if any) are found
in Tiwa/Tewa.  The study itself uses sounds drawn from Tlingit and the
concern is whether a subject who speaks some Tiwa would have had prior
exposure to comparable sounds. (Maddieson's Sounds of the World's
Languages doesn't include Tiwa.)

Thanks very much.

Alice Faber
Haskins Laboratories