10.585, Qs: Poem, Processability, Case, References

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 22 17:03:09 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-585. Thu Apr 22 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.585, Qs: Poem, Processability, Case, References

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:34:09 -0600
From:  Trudi Patterson <tpattrsn at mailclerk.ecok.edu>
Subject:   Poem

2)
Date:  Wed, 21 Apr 99 17:16 BST
From:  j.dewaele at french.bbk.ac.uk
Subject:  Processability Theory (Pienemann, 1998)

3)
Date:  Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:15:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  Gisbert Fanselow <gisbert=fanselow at ling.uni-potsdam.de>
Subject:  Case

4)
Date:  Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:16:33 -0700
From:  Jerold Eaton <jbeaton at toto.csustan.edu>
Subject:  Linguistics books and references regarding French

Date:  Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:34:09 -0600
From:  Trudi Patterson <tpattrsn at mailclerk.ecok.edu>

Dear Fellow Linguists,

I am trying to track down the full text of a poem and the name of the
author. I read the poem many years ago, and I'm hoping someone will
know it. The poem makes light of a phonological system that uses nasal
consonants as syllabic nuclei (as English and many languages do) and a
spelling system that is less than optimal (like the kind of spelling
system English uses). The gist of the poem was an army surrounds a
Polish town and, firing a cannon, blows all the vowels out. It's a
very short poem. If anyone can help me find it again, I would much
appreciate it.

Trudi Patterson
East Central University
Ada, OK 74820