10.1271, Qs: Word lists, Varbrul problem, Language change

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 31 18:09:23 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1271. Tue Aug 31 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1271, Qs: Word lists, Varbrul problem, Language change

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:55:30 +0530 (IST)
From:  Dr R Doctor <doctor at cdac.ernet.in>
Subject:  Word lists

2)
Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:24:00 -0300
From:  Jorge Domingues Lopes <jdlopes at ufpa.br>
Subject:  Varbrul problem

3)
Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:36:56 +0200
From:  Tim Raettig <uzs2t7 at UNI-BONN.DE>
Subject:  Computer Mediated Communication as a Force in Language Change

Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:55:30 +0530 (IST)
From:  Dr R Doctor <doctor at cdac.ernet.in>

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for bi-lingual word-lists listing the most common words
translated from English to French/German/Spanish and Italian.

The word list would be something like this:
book: livre
man: homme
ETC.

Of course in some cases owing to polysemy the glosses would be more
than one.

I would appreciate if any one knowing of sites where such lists could
be found or alternatively willing to share her word-list could oblige.
I promise to post a summary if there are sufficient number of replies,

Thanks in anticipation,

R.Doctor