10.393, Jobs: Historical, Phonetics, Semantics, Computational

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 15 22:05:54 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-393. Mon Mar 15 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.393, Jobs: Historical, Phonetics, Semantics, Computational

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:09:17 -0500
From:  Wayles Browne <ewb2 at cornell.edu>
Subject:  Historical, Phonetics, Semantics; Visiting Prof at Cornell

2)
Date:  Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:17:05 -0500
From:  "Kurtzer" <pkurtzer at rcn.com>
Subject:  Speech Recognition; Research Scientist at Dragon Systems, Inc.

Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:09:17 -0500
From:  Wayles Browne <ewb2 at cornell.edu>

Cornell University:  The Department of Linguistics will be seeking to fill
a tenure-track position for a historical linguist specializing in
Indo-European to begin July 1, 2000.  In the interim, the department has
been authorized to appoint a visitor (rank open) to teach courses in
historical and Indo-European linguistics either for the entire academic
year 1999-2000 or for the spring semester only. For further information,
contact Alan Nussbaum (ajn8 at cornell.edu). To ensure full consideration,
candidates should send application statements, vitae, three letters of
recommendation, and (no more than three) representative publications by
April 16, 1999 to:  IE Visitor Search Committee, Department of Linguistics,
227 Morrill Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY  14853-4701 USA.  Cornell
is an AA/EO Employer.

Cornell University:  The Department of Linguistics anticipates a visiting
position in phonetics during the academic year 1999-2000; the position will
be for at least one semester, perhaps full year.  Candidates will be
expected to teach instrumental courses at both the undergraduate and
graduate levels.  For further information, contact either Abby Cohn
(acc4 at cornell.edu) or Draga Zec (dz17 at cornell.edu).  To ensure full
consideration, candidates should send application statements, vitae, three
letters of recommendation, and (no more than three) representative
publications by April 16, 1999 to:  Phonetics Search Committee, Department
of Linguistics, 227 Morrill Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY14853-4701
USA.  Cornell is an AA/EO Employer.

Cornell University:  The Department of Linguistics anticipates a visiting
position in semantics during the academic year 1999-2000; the position will
be for at least one semester, perhaps full year.  Candidates will be
expected to teach formal semantics at both the undergraduate and graduate
levels. For further information, contact either Molly Diesing
(md20 at cornell.edu) or Sally McConnell-Ginet (smg9 at cornell.edu).  To ensure
full consideration, candidates should send application statements, vitae,
three letters of recommendation, and (no more than three) representative
publications by April 16, 1999 to:  Semantics Search Committee, Department