10.1614, Qs: Markedness, Negative/Adjectives and Markedness

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 27 04:29:00 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1614. Wed Oct 27 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1614, Qs: Markedness, Negative/Adjectives and Markedness

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:33:05 +0100
From:  Geraldine De Visscher <Geraldine.De.Visscher at vub.ac.be>
Subject:  Markedness

2)
Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:17:30 +0200
From:  "dave gough" <mcgee at netactive.co.za>
Subject:  Negatives/Adjectives and Markedness

Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:33:05 +0100
From:  Geraldine De Visscher <Geraldine.De.Visscher at vub.ac.be>

Hallo,

I am a Belgian researcher at the VUB [Vrije Universiteit Brussel], Brussels. I
have just started a PhD on the Efficacy of Explicit Instruction in Second
Language Acquisition.I am now studying the influence of linguistic-typological
and contrastive markedness of structures on the efficacy of
instruction.I have already read several theoretical works on
Markedness. But I still haven't found an operational definition for
structural markedness.

Does anybody have some suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Géraldine De Visscher