11.465, Qs: Chinese/English Taboo,North American dialects

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 5 02:38:20 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-465. Sat Mar 4 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.465, Qs: Chinese/English Taboo,North American dialects

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:43:07 -0800 (PST)
From:  Jr Christopher Smith <smith15 at cc.wwu.edu>
Subject:  Chinese and English Taboo Language

2)
Date:  Sat, 04 Mar 2000 15:11:58 -0800
From:  Robin Belvin <rsbelvin at hrl.com>
Subject:  North American dialect regions

Date:  Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:43:07 -0800 (PST)
From:  Jr Christopher Smith <smith15 at cc.wwu.edu>

I'm an undergrad doing a paper on the comparison of English taboo and
swearing to that of Chinese. I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding
any resources. I was just wondering if anyone had information concerning
this topic. I'm especially interested in the function of homophones in
taboo language. Anything would be great.

Thank you,
Chris Smith