12.1144, Qs: Georg Schwidetzky, Children's Speech Samples

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 26 04:06:55 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1144. Thu Apr 26 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1144, Qs: Georg Schwidetzky, Children's Speech Samples

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU

Date:  Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:02:55 -0400
From:  "Stephen R. Anderson" <sra at bloch.ling.yale.edu>
Subject:  Georg Schwidetzky (again)

2)
Date:  Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:00:16 +0200
From:  yo.schmeer at t-online.de (Christian Schmeer)
Subject:  children's speech samples

Date:  Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:02:55 -0400
From:  "Stephen R. Anderson" <sra at bloch.ling.yale.edu>

Several years ago, I posted an inquiry to the Linguist list about Georg
Schwidetzky and the "Institut für Tier- und Ursprachenforschung" in Germany
(1930's and 1940's). A reader was kind enough to provide me with some
historical background material, and copies of some of the papers from this
Institute that I didn't already have access to. Unfortunately, I've lost the
email archive where I saved the electronic part of that information. I'd be
very grateful if that person (or anyone else) could refresh my memory about
any of the circumstances surrounding Schwidetzky, his work, his organization,
and its place in Nazi-era German science.

Thanks very much for any help,

- Stephen R. Anderson
Professor of Linguistics and Cognitive Science (Chair)
Yale University
Box 208236 Yale Station
320 York Street
New Haven, CT 06520-8236