12.320, Qs: Non-lexical Interjections, "Wh-" Construction

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 7 18:22:23 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-320. Wed Feb 7 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.320, Qs: Non-lexical Interjections, "Wh-" Construction

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:54:17 +0000
From:  gina <Gina.Joue at ucd.ie>
Subject:  nonlexical interjections?

2)
Date:  Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:41:42 -0500
From:  shouna at ncssm.edu
Subject:  wh- construction

Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:54:17 +0000
From:  gina <Gina.Joue at ucd.ie>

Hi,

Does anyone know of crosslinguistic work done on interjections, in
particular on the phonological analyses of interjections? Or lexica
which include nonlexical interjections (pause fillers,
acknowledgement) in different languages?
Any pointers to or your own observations of what nonlexical
interjections exist in different languages, variations in the
interjections, similarities across languages will be greatly
appreciated as well!

Many thanks,
Gina