12.321, Qs: Ideas for Undergrad Course, Lang and Logic

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 7 18:59:42 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-321. Wed Feb 7 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.321, Qs: Ideas for Undergrad Course, Lang and Logic

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:36:08 +0200
From:  "Debra Aarons" <da at maties.sun.ac.za>
Subject:  mysteries

2)
Date:  Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:46:04 -0600
From:  "Gale, George " <GaleG at umkc.edu>
Subject:  Language and principles of logic

Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:36:08 +0200
From:  "Debra Aarons" <da at maties.sun.ac.za>

We are trying to put together an undergraduate course on the linguist as
detective. We want to use the terminology of detective stories to describe
ways in which various linguistic phenomena can be accounted for. Any tips
gratefully received. I will post a summary of responses to the list. Thanks
in advance.

Debra Aarons
Department of Linguistics
University of Stellenbosch