12.644, FYI: Comp Ling Fall School, Ling Program Charter

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 9 01:14:42 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-644. Thu Mar 8 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.644, FYI: Comp Ling Fall School, Ling Program Charter

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Lydia Grebenyova <lydia at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:51:23 GMT
From:  Miriam Butt <mutt at callisto.sprachwiss.uni-konstanz.de>
Subject:  Computational Linguistics Fall School at Konstanz

2)
Date:          Thu, 08 Mar 01 10:17:57 EST
From:          Stanley Dubinsky <DUBINSK at VM.SC.EDU>
Subject:       Linguistics Program Charter

Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:51:23 GMT
From:  Miriam Butt <mutt at callisto.sprachwiss.uni-konstanz.de>

The Computational Linguistics Section of the DGfS (German Linguistics
Society) is pleased to announce a Fall School at the University of
Konstanz, September 10-21, 2001.

Registration information and more details can now be found under:

http://ling.uni-konstanz.de/pages/conferences/dgfs-cl00/

The Registration Deadline is June 1, 2001.

Note that the information about local accommodation, etc. will
continue to improve, so please keep checking the website for further
developments.

ECTS: Courses will run for 2 weeks in order to ensure that students
can receive credit for the courses at their home university under the
European-Credit Transfer System (ECTS).

Courses

     Stefan Müller (DFKI, Saarbruecken), Jonas Kuhn (IMS Stuttgart)
     Grammar Development in constraint-based formalisms: HPSG und LFG

     Henning Reetz (Konstanz)
     From the Speechsignal to the Word

     Tibor Kiss (Bochum)
     PERL for Linguists

     Sabine Schulte im Walde, Heike Zinsmeister (IMS Stuttgart)
     Statistical Grammar Development and Corpuslinguistic Information
     Extraction

Invited Talks:

      Mary Dalrymple (Xerox PARC)
      Louisa Sadler (Essex)