12.643, Qs: Pre-stopped Liquids/Nasals, Analyzing Tone

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 9 00:56:24 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-643. Thu Mar 8 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.643, Qs: Pre-stopped Liquids/Nasals, Analyzing Tone

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Lydia Grebenyova <lydia at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:12:22 +0000
From:  Viola Guulia Miglio <viola at hi.is>
Subject:  Pre-stopped Liquids/Nasals

2)
Date:  Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:09:35 -0800 (PST)
From:  racheles at excite.com
Subject:  Instrumental Analysis of Tone

Date:  Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:12:22 +0000
From:  Viola Guulia Miglio <viola at hi.is>

Dear List-readers,

I am working on the development of dn/dl (or tl/tn) consonant clusters in
syllable codas (in Icelandic).

Since such clusters in coda position seem to be rather rare, I would be
grateful to anyone who could provide information or point to literature on
any language where these clusters are found (even if the language you know
of has such clusters as heterosyllabic sequences).

I will post a summary of the answers if I find that there is enough
interest in the subject.

Viola Miglio

Arts Faculty
University of Iceland