13.914, TOC: California Linguistic Notes, Spring 2002

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 2 16:50:04 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-914. Tue Apr 2 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.914, TOC: California Linguistic Notes, Spring 2002

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Dina Kapetangianni <dina at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:14:49 -0800
From:  "Kaye, Alan" <akaye at Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU>
Subject:  California Linguistic Notes (CLN), Spring, 2002

Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:14:49 -0800
From:  "Kaye, Alan" <akaye at Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU>

California Linguistic Notes (CLN), Spring, 2002

We welcome our readers back for another edition of CLN. We are proud
to feature three articles and several reviews, and as always, we
invite commentary on any material for a subsequent issue.  This is the
beginning of the 21st year of publication under my editorship at
California State University, Fullerton, continuing in the tradition of
the more modest California Linguistic Newsletter at California State
University, Fresno, and the University of California, Riverside, where
it all began in 1969.

Alan S. Kaye
Editor
[see below for downloading]

http://hss.fullerton.edu/linguistics/INDEX.HTM

Table of Contents:

Articles
Remarks on the speech Arabic-speaking children with cleft
palate by Kimary Shahin

Dyslexia and brain scans  by Jack  Ferguson

A tale of two sons: Morphophonemic variation from suffixation with zi
and er in Mandarin Chinese by Robert D. Angus

Reviews
JADRANKA GVOZDANOVI?, Ed.,  Numeral Types and Changes Worldwide.
(Trends in Linguistics:  Studies and Monographs 118.)-- Robert D. Angus
LAURIE BAUER and PETER TRUDGILL, Eds., Language Myths -- Nadia Balkar
CHARLES BARBER. The English Language -- Nadia Balkar
FRANCESCA BARGIELA-CHIAPPINI and SANDRA HARRIS, Eds., The Languages of
Business: An International Perspective. --  Sarah A. Schmutzer