14.1185, Jobs: Speech and Language Therapy: Lecturer, Scotland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 26 01:39:27 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1185. Fri Apr 25 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1185, Jobs: Speech and Language Therapy: Lecturer, Scotland

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:33:14 +0000
From:  jscobbie at qmuc.ac.uk
Subject:  Speech and Language Therapy: Lecturer, Queen Margaret University

Date:  Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:33:14 +0000
From:  jscobbie at qmuc.ac.uk

University or Organization: Queen Margaret University College
Department: Speech and Language Sciences
Rank of Job: Lecturer or Senior Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Registered Speech and Language Therapist

Speech and Language Therapy

Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer
c. 23k - 40k GBP

Come and join a winning team!

Our Speech and Language Sciences is a friendly team of speech and
language therapists and linguists. We have excellent research and
clinical resources and have recently gained the Queen's Anniversary
prize for our work in clinical applications of speech science.  Our
speech and language therapy course has just been re-accredited by
RCSLT and HPC.

We require an enthusiastic individual to contribute to the
undergraduate and post-graduate teaching within Speech and Language
Sciences.  You'll also develop research and other scholarly activities
as part of the subject area's research programme.

Speech and Language Sciences has very good working links with external
agencies and with research collaborators.  In addition, there is a
strong commitment to the development of inter-disciplinary education
and research within QMUC and there are opportunities to collaborate
with staff from a wide range of health and social sciences
disciplines.

You'll be a registered speech and language therapist with a higher
degree in a relevant discipline.  Interests in dyslexia and literacy,
hearing impairment, phonology and/or dysphagia, together with
experience in teaching at degree level and a record of publication in
peer reviewed journals would be an advantage.

QMUC is set in Scotland's beautiful capital city of Edinburgh,
offering a wide range of cultural and social opportunities.

For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Jois Stansfield, Head of
Speech and Language Sciences on 0131 317 3683 or email
jstansfield at qmuc.ac.uk

For a recruitment pack, please contact Human Resources on 0131 317
3291 (24 hrs) or e-mail gsimison at qmuc.ac.uk quoting reference: SLS
9/03/04.  Completed applications should be returned by Friday 9 May
2003.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: G Simison
	please contact Human Resouces quoting reference SLS 09/03/04
	(44) 131 317 3291 or preferably gsimison at qmuc.ac.uk
	Edinburgh, EH12 8TS
	United Kingdom

	Applications are due by 09-May-2003