14.92, Qs: Use of Minidiscs, Writing Systems

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 11 04:13:55 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-92. Fri Jan 10 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.92, Qs: Use of Minidiscs, Writing Systems

Editor for this issue: Renee Galvis <renee at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:35:28 -0000
From:  Lynne Murphy <lynnem at cogs.susx.ac.uk>
Subject:  Minidisc Use in the Field and Lab

2)
Date:  Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:32:58 +0000
From:  Benedetta Bassetti <benedetta at onetel.net.uk>
Subject:  Writing systems and linguistic analysis

Date:  Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:35:28 -0000
From:  Lynne Murphy <lynnem at cogs.susx.ac.uk>

Steven Keiser's recent posting discusses the usability of minidiscs in
recording acoustic data.  I recently decided against using minidisc
technology in the development of a corpus of spoken language because
it seemed like transcription would be difficult (since there doesn't
seem to be such a thing as a minidisc dictaphone transcriber).  Does
anyone have a way around this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Lynne Murphy

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics

University of Sussex
Falmer
Brighton BN1 9QH
>>From UK:  (01273) 678844  fax: (01273) 671320
Outside UK: +44-1273-678844  fax: +44-1273-671320