14.2036, FYI: Oxford Press Funding; Endangered Lang Funding

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 30 11:21:51 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2036. Wed Jul 30 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2036, FYI: Oxford Press Funding; Endangered Lang Funding

Editor for this issue: Renee Galvis <renee at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:39:01 +0000
From:  Ann Lawson <ann.lawson at oup.com>
Subject:  Funding available for Research that Utilizes Dictionary Resources

2)
Date:  Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:39:13 +0100
From:  "info" <info at eldp.soas.ac.uk>
Subject:  Reminder - Endangered Languages Documentation Programme Deadline

Date:  Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:39:01 +0000
From:  Ann Lawson <ann.lawson at oup.com>

Call for Proposals for Free Access to Resources Proposals are due by
31 July 2003.

We look forward to receiving your proposals.

Please see www.oup.co.uk/digital_reference for more details. Sample
material is available for pre-proposal testing. A short application
form must be submitted, along with a description of the proposed
research project. The results of the review process will be made
available during October 2003.  Oxford University Press (Trade and
Reference Department) is pleased to announce a call for research
proposals which make use of OUP's extensive range of monolingual and
bilingual dictionaries, thesauruses, subject reference material and
related resources - at no cost to you. Proposals are welcomed from
individuals and research teams in the academic community, and will be
judged by our panel according to research excellence and innovative
use and development of resources.  We have recently undertaken a lot
of work on our newly published Oxford Dictionary of English data set,
with over 170,000 entries covering all varieties of English
worldwide. The ODE data set constitutes a fully integrated range of
formal data types suitable for language engineering and NLP
applications. Please ask for more details.

If you'd like to make commercial use of data or have any other
questions, please get in touch with digitalreference.uk at oup.com

Dr Ann Lawson
Business Development Manager, Digital Reference
Academic Division, Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 353255    Fax: +44 (0) 1865 353658
Mob: +44 (0) 7979 953 100 Web: www.oup.co.uk/digital_reference
Passionate about language? www.askoxford.com