14.595, Jobs: Translation: President, iProbe Inc., New York

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 1 23:01:46 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-595. Sat Mar 1 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.595, Jobs: Translation: President, iProbe Inc, New York

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:31:28 +0000
From:  setbon at iprobesolutions.com
Subject:  Translation: President, iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc., NY, USA

Date:  Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:31:28 +0000
From:  setbon at iprobesolutions.com

University or Organization: iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc.
Department: Translation
Rank of Job: President
Specialty Areas: Translation, Interpreting

Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Employee
Position Duration: Temp/Full-Time

Dynamic translation firm currently seeks Project Manager for our
financial/legal production department. Project Manager is responsible
for placing projects, negotiating budgets and deadlines with freelance
translators, overseeing the progress of translation projects,
resolving project and payment disputes, recruiting and testing new
translators, investigating client language questions, and providing
primary quality checks of translated text.

Qualifications:

BA/BS, Business Administration preferred.
2+ years experience in project management translation/localization
environment.  Excellent problem-solving skills.  Great attention to
detail. Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
Localization experience strongly preferred Ability to manage multiple
projects and produce high quality work in a deadline-driven
environment.  Strong verbal and written communication skills.  Foreign
language skills are required, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian,
Polish, Italian would be preferred Must be confortable working in a
fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.  Translation Memory/CAT tools
expertise is a plus

Applicants should be residing in the NYC metropolitan area or be
willing to relocate and should be US Citizens or Greencard holders.

Company Description: iProbe offers a broad range of high-end
linguistic services in the estimated 6,800 languages of the world
including Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Italian, Japanese,
Korean, Papiamentu, Swedish, Tagalog and Thai.  With our expertise in
a variety of industries, we assist companies and organizations in
communicating more effectively while conducting international
business. We also provide our services to clients interested in
reaching domestic markets and local multicultural communities.

Application Instructions:

1) In the coverletter please describe previous experience in managing
   Financial/Banking translation projects and mention you salary
   requirements.

2) Please email resume and cover letter (both copied and pasted in
   email body, NO attachments) to info at iprobesolutions.com

3) As email subject please state:
   Linguist List + Project Manager + ''your city''

Address for Applications:

	Attn: President Julie Setbon
	PO BOX 77
	New York, NY 10156