14.943, All: Important Message from Chilin Shih

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 31 19:36:17 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-943. Mon Mar 31 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.943, All: Important Message from Chilin Shih

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  31 Mar 2003 19:31:54 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Important Message from Chilin Shih

Date:  31 Mar 2003 19:31:54 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Please take a moment to read the following message from Chilin Shih.

Dear LINGUISTS,

Do you enjoy cooking? For two? For your family?  For a group of
friends?

Now imagine cooking for 17,000!  Day in and day out!

This is what's going on in the kitchen of LINGUIST List: The student
editors are turning out appetizers, soups, salads, main courses,
desserts, seven days a week, 24 hours a day, all for FREE!

What do the chefs get back in return? Complaints and heated flames,
mostly.

Let's change that.

Show YOUR support. Make a donation to LINGUIST List.

And get back special cooking tips from The LINGUIST List.  That will
make your next kitchen adventure extra special.

Chilin Shih
The LINGUIST List Advisory Board

So far, we have raised $29,970.91, so we are well on the way to reach
our target of $50,000.

Please help us and make a donation - even if it is just $5.00!

To make the decision easier for you, we have some beautiful gifts for
our donors, including The LINGUIST List Cookbook Volume 1 - visit
http://linguistlist.org/premiums.html to see what's on offer.

Also, as a donor you are automatically entered into The LINGUIST List
Publisher Prize Draw, and do we have some amazing prizes for you!
Check it our at http://linguistlist.org/prizedraw.html

To make a donation now via secure credit card form, visit:

http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

For more information on how to donate, or to make a pledge and donate
later, please visit:

http://linguistlist.org/donation.html

Thank you for your support.

 |  TARGET  | TOTAL RAISED | NUMBER OF DONORS | % OF SUBCRIBERS |
 | $50,000  |  $29,970.91  |       610        |      3.59%      |