14.2990, Jobs: Computational Ling: Researcher, U/Bremen

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 3 03:17:16 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2990. Sun Nov 2 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2990, Jobs: Computational Ling: Researcher, U/Bremen

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:18:44 +0000
From:  Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Subject:  Computational Linguistics: Researcher, University of Bremen, Germany

Date:  Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:18:44 +0000
From:  Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de

University or Organization: University of Bremen
Department: Theoretical Linguistics/Computational Linguistics
Rank of Job: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, General Linguistics

The Theoretical Linguistics/Computational Linguistics Group at Bremen
University is seeking to fill one or two research positions.

We are especially interested in theoretical work in the framework of
HPSG (morphology, syntax, information structure) and in developing a
large scale NLP system for German. Knowledge of one or more of the
following is desirable: HPSG, parsing and genertation techniques,
Prolog, Linux.

The positions are primarily research positions, although some research
related teaching will also be involved. The candidate will have the
opportunity to further his/her own research in one of the areas stated
above, with regards to Post Doc research or research towards a PhD
Dissertation.

There are two positions that could be collapsed into one.

* The first position is half a position on the BAT IIa scale (roughly
  up to 20.000 EUR per annum, depending on age and family status) and
  is tenable for three years in the first instance.
* The second position is a research grant of 1024 EUR. There are no
  taxes and no fees for social insurance. Therefore the grant is
  (almost) equivalent to half a BAT IIa position.

The positions are immedeately available. Applications received before
November 30, 2003 are assured fullest consideration. Interested
persons should send a letter of application and a full CV to the
address below (e-mail applications are also welcome).

The University of Bremen seeks to increase the proportion of women in
positions where they are under-represented, and therefore particularly
encourages applications from women. In the selection procedure,
disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be favoured.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Prof Stefan Müller
	Universität Bremen/Fachbereich 10
	Postfach 33 04 40