14.3046, Qs: India/Informed Consent; English Double Subjects

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Nov 8 15:35:32 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3046. Sat Nov 8 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3046, Qs: India/Informed Consent; English Double Subjects

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:18:32 +0000
From:  Nitya Sethuraman <nsethura at indiana.edu>
Subject:  Informed consent forms for research in India

2)
Date:  Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:56:26 +0000
From:  Alessandro Agosta <agostaferney at libero.it>
Subject:  double subject usage

Date:  Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:18:32 +0000
From:  Nitya Sethuraman <nsethura at indiana.edu>

Hello,

I'm planning to conduct some studies in India (in Chennai/Madras) and
am working on translating informed consent forms into Tamil.  It would
be very helpful for me to see an example of a Tamil consent form that
someone else has used, to get an idea of how to word certain things on
the form.  Tamil is most useful, but it would also be helpful to see a
consent form in Hindi, Bengali, or Telegu.

I would greatly appreciate hearing back from other researchers who
have done work in India, or who could put me in touch with others who
have done work there.  I would also be interested in hearing about
experiences researchers have had in asking participants in India to
sign an informed consent form.

Please respond to me directly and I will post a summary on the list.

Thanks very much,
Nitya
nsethura at indiana.edu

Nitya Sethuraman