14.3215, Jobs: Theoretical/Applied Ling: Lecturer, Mie, Japan

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 24 06:19:05 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3215. Mon Nov 24 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3215, Jobs: Theoretical/Applied Ling: Lecturer, Mie, Japan

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:59:03 -0500 (EST)
From:  unoh at human.mie-u.ac.jp
Subject:  Theoretical Or Applied Ling: Lecturer, Mie University, Mie, Japan

Date:  Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:59:03 -0500 (EST)
From:  unoh at human.mie-u.ac.jp

University or Organization: Mie University
Department: The Division of English Studies
Rank of Job: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Theoretical or Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (Code = ENG)

Linguistics and English Language Teaching Position in Mie, Japan.

The Division of English Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and
Social Sciences at Mie University announces a three year position at
the lecturer level, beginning April 1, 2004.

The successful candidate will teach a course in linguistics, one in
American and British cultural studies (possibly offered as a
sociolinguistics course), three in English speaking skills and three
in writing skills (though the exact distribution of speaking and
writing courses may vary).  Each course meets once a week for 90
minutes; an academic year consists of thirty teaching weeks.

We are seeking a native speaker of English with a PhD (though we will
consider strong candidates with MA's) in theoretical or applied
linguistics, publications and evidence of scholarly potential.
Teaching experience at the tertiary level is preferred.  Proficiency
in Japanese is not a requirement for this position.

Please send a c.v., copies of two publications, and the names and
addresses of two references to the following address; application
materials must arrive by January 13, 2004.

Professor Shin'ichi Unoh
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Mie University
1515 Kamihama, Tsu
Mie 514-8507
Japan.

Mie University is a comprehensive national university and is
approximately a one-hour train ride from Nagoya.  Please visit the
university website for further information at
http://www.mie-u.ac.jp/eindex.html

Informal inquiries about the position should be sent to Shin'ichi Unoh
at unoh at human.mie-u.ac.jp.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Shin'ichi Unoh
	1515 Kamihama