14.3255, Jobs: Phonetics: Asst Prof, University of Michigan

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 26 02:52:01 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3255. Tue Nov 25 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3255, Jobs: Phonetics: Asst Prof, University of Michigan

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:33:17 -0500 (EST)
From:  ssuslee at umich.edu
Subject:  Phonetics: Asst Prof, University of Michigan, MI, USA

Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:33:17 -0500 (EST)
From:  ssuslee at umich.edu

University or Organization: University of Michigan
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonetics, Phonology

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Michigan invites
applications for a two-year position as Visiting Research Assistant
Professor beginning in September 2004.  We seek outstanding applicants
who have a Ph.D. in linguistics; applications from candidates with a
specialization in phonetics and/or phonology are particularly welcome.
A PhD by the start of appointment is required.

The position, endowed by the journal Language Learning, involves 1/2
time teaching responsibilities (2 courses per year) and 1/2 time
research.

A letter of application providing details of research interests and
teaching experience, a CV, one representative publication, and three
letters of recommendation should be sent to Lesley Milroy, Chair,
Department of Linguistics, The University of Michigan, 4080 Frieze
Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285.  The search committee will begin
to examine dossiers January 5th, 2004 and will continue until the
position is filled.  Please email queries to amilroy at umich.edu.

The University of Michigan in a non-discriminatory, affirmative action
employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Lesley Milroy
	105 S. State Street
	4080 Frieze Building
	Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Professor Lesley Milroy
	Email: amilroy at umich.edu
	Tel: (734) 764-0353
	Fax: (734) 936-3406
	Website: http://www.lsa.umich.edu/ling

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!