14.2803, All: Two important messages from LINGUIST

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 17 00:13:12 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2803. Thu Oct 16 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2803, All: Two important messages from LINGUIST

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

Date:  16 Oct 2003 21:40:49 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  LINGUIST List will be unavailable this weekend

2)
Date:  16 Oct 2003 23:47:21 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  New Sun server arriving soon

Date:  16 Oct 2003 21:40:49 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear Linguists,

We have learnt that LINGUIST List will be unavailable this weekend.
The entire network at Eastern Michigan University, where our servers
are kept, is being upgraded.  While this work is being carried out,
unfortunately none of our servers will be online.  This means that we
will be unable to send out LINGUIST issues, reply to email, or receive
submissions.

Therefore, if you have something you would like posted urgently,
please submit it as soon as you can by Friday and we will endeavor to
post it before our machines are shut off.

We are extremely grateful to the Universities of Edinburgh, Stockholm,
and Tübingen which all maintain mirrors of the linguistlist.org
website.  These mirror websites will still be available when the main
linguistlist.org site is not.  On the mirrors, links to web forms and
most search engines will not be operational, but you will still find
back issues, links to other web resources, and a lot of the
information relating to jobs, calls and conferences, and so on.

The URLs for the mirrors are as follows.  Please use the one physically
closer to you; it should be faster.

Edinburgh, UK: http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/linguist/
Stockholm, Sweden: http://linguist-mirror.ling.su.se/
Tübingen, Germany: http://www.sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de/linguist/

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

 - Helen, Anthony and the LINGUIST List crew