14.2804, Qs: English Phonotactic Constraints; AAVE Corpora

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 17 02:00:08 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2804. Thu Oct 16 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2804, Qs: English Phonotactic Constraints; AAVE Corpora

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:38:05 +0000
From:  Natalia Modjeska <natalia at cs.utoronto.ca>
Subject:  Phonotactic constraints in English

2)
Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:31:32 +0000
From:  laura digiorgio <ldigiorgio at rwbaird.com>
Subject:  Corpus Linguistics & AAVE

Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:38:05 +0000
From:  Natalia Modjeska <natalia at cs.utoronto.ca>

Dear colleagues,

Has anyone seen a -- more or less -- complete list of phonotactic
constraints in English, e.g., ''a consonant of such-and-such-type
never co-occurs with/precedes/follows a consonant of
such-and-such-type''? I will post a summary of responses. Please send
your reply to natalia at cs.utoronto.ca.

Thanks,

Natalia N. Modjeska

Subject-Language: English; Code: ENG