14.2887, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Chicago

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 23 02:42:32 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2887. Wed Oct 22 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2887, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Chicago

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:02:57 +0000
From:  j-sadock at uchicago.edu
Subject:  Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Chicago, IL, USA

Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:02:57 +0000
From:  j-sadock at uchicago.edu

University or Organization: University of Chicago
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonology, Phonetics

PHONOLOGY POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF LINGUISTICS
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO

The Department of Linguistics, University of Chicago, seeks to fill a
tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level with
specialization in phonology beginning Fall 2004. Responsibilities
include teaching graduate and undergraduate courses, student advising,
supervision of student research, and the pursuit of a vigorous
research program. Commitment to developing a successful phonetics
laboratory and the ability to teach phonetics at the graduate level
would be advantageous. Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. by the
start date.

Applicants should submit a CV, contact information including an email
address through January 8, 2004, a detailed statement of their
research agenda over the next few years, samples of their scholarly
writing, and the names of at least three references. Letters should be
sent directly to us by the references. All materials should be
submitted by December 1, 2003 to:

Phonology Search Committee
Department of Linguistics
University of Chicago
1010 E. 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
linguistics at uchicago.edu

The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Phonology SearchCommittee
	Department of Linguistics, University of Chicago
	1010 E. 59th St.
	Chicago, IL 60637
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 01-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Prof. Jerry Sadock
	Email: jsadock at uchicago.edu
	Tel: 773-702-8524
	Fax: 773-834-0924
	Website: http://humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/linguistics/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!