14.2584, Jobs: NLP: Researcher, American Management Systems

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Sep 27 08:08:44 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2584. Sat Sep 27 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2584, Jobs: NLP: Researcher, American Management Systems

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:08:13 +0000
From:  mturner at vredenburg.com
Subject:  NLP: Researcher, American Management Systems, VA, USA

Date:  Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:08:13 +0000
From:  mturner at vredenburg.com

University or Organization: American Management Systems (AMS)
Rank of Job: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, NLP

American Management Systems (AMS), a leader in global consulting and
information technology, has NLP and text processing research and
development positions available in its Lanham, Maryland location near
Washington D.C. in the U.S.. The positions will involve research and
development in areas such as named-entity extraction, document
clustering, processing noisy text from OCR and speech, language
identification, and machine translation.

Selected candidates will work on the full range of research and
development activities, including problem analysis, literature search,
software and database design and development, experimentation,
testing, and tool/product evaluation, reporting, and publishing.
Senior level researchers will also supervise others on projects.

Applicants should have at least two years of research and/or
development experience in text processing or one or more NLP areas
such as document classification, named-entity extraction, information
retrieval, or computational linguistics.  Software development
experience, as well as experience in writing proposals, reports,
and/or papers is required.  Applicants must be U.S. citizens.  For
senior positions, experience in supervision of other technical staff
is helpful but not required.

AMS offers an attractive salary and benefits package with
opportunities for growth.  If the above position and the opportunity
to work for an organization with a 30-year record of success and
excellence excite you, we invite you to submit your resume for
consideration.

Employment at AMS is contingent upon the successful completion of a
background check and drug screen.  Please visit our homepage at
www.ams.com.

AMS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

Please send resumes in confidence to:

jerry.newsome at ams.com , Attn:   MT-1

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Mr. Jerry Newsome
	American Management Systems
	4114 Legato Road
	Fairfax, VA 22033
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Mr. Jerry Newsome
	Email: jerry.newsome at ams.com
	Tel: +1.703.227.6876
	Fax: +1.703.449.2828

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!