15.2396, Jobs: General Ling: Asst Prof, Washington University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 26 20:00:54 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2396. Thu Aug 26 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2396, Jobs: General Ling: Asst Prof, Washington University

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:35:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:  dbalota at artsci.wustl.edu
Subject:  Jobs: General Linguistics: Asst Prof, Washington University, MO, USA

Date:  Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:35:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:  dbalota at artsci.wustl.edu

University or Organization: Washington University
Department: Psychology
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Washington University in St. Louis is seeking candidates for an
Assistant Professor of Linguistics, tenure-track position to begin
Fall 2005.  The candidate will hold a primary appointment in the
Department of Psychology, with a joint appointment in the
interdisciplinary Philosophy, Neuroscience, and Psychology program.
Duties will include teaching courses such as Introductory Linguistics,
Syntax, Semantics, and Phonology in the undergraduate Linguistic
Studies Program, as well as other mutually agreed upon courses.
Although the area of specialization is open, the candidate will be
expected to develop an active research program.  Preference will be
given to candidates who bridge the existing strengths in linguistics
and psycholinguistics at Washington University.

Please send a curriculum vita, reprints, a short statement of research
interests and teaching experience, and arrange for at least three
letters of reference to be sent.

The Search Committee will begin the formal review process December 1,
2004; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

We especially encourage applications from women and members of
minority groups.  Washington University is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.  Employment eligibility
verification required upon hire.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Randy Larsen
	Linguistics Search Committee
	Department of Psychology
	Box 1125, One Brookings Drive
	Washington University
	St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Professor David Balota
	Email: dbalota at artsci.wustl.edu
	Tel: 314-935-6549
	Fax: 314-935-7588
	Website: http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~psych/default.htm

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!