15.3343, Jobs: Applied Ling: Lecturer, University of Auckland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 1 03:37:32 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3343. Tue Nov 30 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3343, Jobs: Applied Ling: Lecturer, University of Auckland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 29-Nov-2004
From: Renee Harrington < renee at haines.co.nz >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, The University of Auckland, New Zealand

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:32:00
From: Renee Harrington < renee at haines.co.nz >

University or Organization: The University of Auckland
Department: Applied Language Studies and Linguistics
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

The Department is interested in attracting applicants of the highest calibre in
the area of cognitive linguistics from a synchronic and diachronic perspective
with an emphasis on semantics, pragmatics or syntax and with a focus on English.

Applicants must have a commitment to scholarly research and will also be
expected to assist in developing the profile of the Department.

The successful applicant will be expected to:
- contribute to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and to
   supervise research
- publish both nationally and internationally
- present papers at conferences
- compete for research funds

For further information and to apply online please visit
http://www.vacancies.auckland.ac.nz
or alternatively call 09-373 7599 ext 83000. Please quote vacancy number A683-04.

The University has an equal opportunities policy and welcomes applications
from all qualified persons.

Address for Applications:

        Human Resources
        PO Box 92019
        Auckland 6002
        New Zealand

Application Deadline: 14-Jan-2005

Contact Information

        Human Resources
        Phone: +64 9 373 7599 xt 83000
        Website: http://www.vacancies.auckland.ac.nz

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!