15.3429, Jobs: Phonology/Socioling:Asst Prof,National Tsing Hua U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 8 06:18:16 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3429. Wed Dec 08 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3429, Jobs: Phonology/Socioling:Asst Prof,National Tsing Hua U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 07-Dec-2004
From: Hui-chuan Huang < hcjhuang at mx.nthu.edu.tw >
Subject: Phonology/Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor (and above), National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:13:05
From: Hui-chuan Huang < hcjhuang at mx.nthu.edu.tw >

University or Organization: National Tsing Hua University
Department: Graduate Institute of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor (and above)
Specialty Areas: Phonology; Sociolinguistics; Austronesian linguistics

Applications are invited for an open-rank tenure track position in linguistics
(socio-linguistics, Austronesian linguistics and/or phonology preferred), which
is jointly appointed by the Graduate Institute of Linguistics and the Department
of Humanities and Social Sciences.  Experience in interdisciplinary research is
a plus.  Applicants should have a PhD degree, or be very close to finishing it.

Duties include:
- each semester, teaching one undergraduate course, and one or two seminars
   at the graduate level.
- student consulting and administration work at the Department of Humanities and
   Social Sciences

The application should include:
- CV and major publications
- photocopy of your PhD diploma or a letter from your dissertation supervisor
   certifying date of completion of degree (Applicants must have  the diploma in
   hand by the time of appointment.)
- three letters of recommendation
- a cover letter explaining your research interests
- Outlines of proposed courses

Position available: August 1, 2005

Address for Applications:

Yueh-chin Chang, Chair
Graduate Institute of Linguistics
National Tsing Hua University
101, Section 2, Kuangfu Road
Hsinchu 300
Taiwan

Application Deadline: 21-Feb-2005

Contact Information:

Chair Yueh-chin Chang
Email: ling at my.nthu.edu.tw
Phone: 886-3-5718615
Fax: 886-3-5725994
Website: http://ling.nthu.edu.tw/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!