15.3492, Jobs: English/General Ling: Teacher, Beijing Sport U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 14 18:22:00 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3492. Tue Dec 14 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3492, Jobs: English/General Ling: Teacher, Beijing Sport U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 13-Dec-2004
From: Hui Tian < bsurecruitment at in-the-gap.com >
Subject: Modified Re: 15.3483: English & General Linguistics: Linguistic Consultant/English Teacher, Beijing Sport University, China

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:17:31
From: Hui Tian < bsurecruitment at in-the-gap.com >

University or Organization: Beijing Sport University
Department: Foreign Languages Department
Job Rank: Linguistic Consultant/English Teacher
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Sports English
Required Language: English (ENG)

Beijing Sport University is China's #1 sport university; in preparation for
the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, they have opened a new English
Department, specifically focused on training students in Sports English --
that is, to be English-language sports announcers, interviewers, reporters,
interpreters, etc.

Begun in September of 2004, the BSU English Department is a young,
energetic, and modern department that seeks to develop the highest quality
programs for its students.

In that regard, we are seeking two different kinds of people to work with
us: linguistic consultants, who will work with us to develop our curriculum
and materials, as well as provide training to Chinese teachers; and English
teachers, to teach our students.

Consultants should have relevant academic degrees, and some previous
experience in curriculum development.  Knowledge of sports is highly
desireable, but not a requirement.  Should be native-English speaker, or
have native-English competency.

Teachers should be native-English speakers, with TESL qualifications, and
previous teaching experience.  Previous experience in China, and/or Chinese
language ability, are highly desireable, but not a requirement.

For more detailed job descriptions, and details of contract/compensation,
you can contact us at bsurecruitment at in-the-gap.com

Address for Applications:

        Ms. Hui Tian
        Foreign Languages Department
        Beijing Sport University
        Beijing 100084
        China

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

        Ms. Hui Tian
        Email: bsurecruitment at in-the-gap.com
        Phone: +86-10-62960172
        Website: http://www.bsu.edu.cn

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.