15.3556, Jobs: Comp Ling/Syntax: Researcher, U of Wolverhampton

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 21 22:32:07 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3556. Tue Dec 21 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3556, Jobs: Comp Ling/Syntax: Researcher, U of Wolverhampton

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 20-Dec-2004
From: Richard Evans < R.J.Evans at wlv.ac.uk >
Subject: Comp Ling/Syntax: Researcher, University of Wolverhampton, UK

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:29:08
From: Richard Evans < R.J.Evans at wlv.ac.uk >

University or Organization: University of Wolverhampton
Department: HLSS
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Syntax
Required Language: English (ENG)

Applications are invited for the post of Research Fellow to work on the
NBME-Funded project, 'Rapid Item Generation', in the Computational Linguistics
Research Group at the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences,
University of Wolverhampton.

The position will involve developing a grammar for generating questions for
multiple choice tests in medical domains. The candidates should possess a PhD or
equivalent research experience in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics and
have excellent knowledge of English grammar/syntax, including the syntactic
structure of statements and questions. They should be native or near-native
speakers of English. They should be computer literate, and have the ability to
work to deadlines.  Previous exposure to medical texts would be a plus as would
experience in working on industrial projects. This is a temporary one year post,
starting as soon as possible
after 1 February 2005.

Reference number: A3982.
SALARY: £18777 - £24450 pa (depending on experience).
The interviews will be in the period: 17 - 24 Jan 2005

Applications should include a completed application form, CV, and covering
letter in which the candidates explain why they have applied for the position
and give details of their research interests/experience and background.
Candidates should also give the names of three referees with their email
addresses and telephone numbers.

For informal inquiries, please contact Mr. Le An Ha (L.A.Ha at wlv.ac.uk), Mr.
Constantin Orasan (C.Orasan at wlv.ac.uk) or Prof. Ruslan Mitkov
(R.Mitkov at wlv.ac.uk).

For an application form, contact the Personnel Services Department,
University of Wolverhampton, Molineux Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1SB.

Telephone 01902 321049 (answer phone), quoting the reference number.
For hearing impaired candidates our Minicom number is 01902 321249.
Email address: per at wlv.ac.uk.

Address for Applications:

	Professor Ruslan Mitkov
	Personnel Services Department
	University of Wolverhampton
	Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV1 1SB
	United Kingdom

Application Deadline: 10-Jan-2005

Contact Information:

	Mr. Le An Ha
	Email: l.a.ha at wlv.ac.uk
	Phone: +44 190 232 2623
	Website: http://clg.wlv.ac.uk

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.