15.3571, Jobs: Spanish/Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, DePaul U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 23 06:20:55 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3571. Thu Dec 23 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3571, Jobs: Spanish/Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, DePaul U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 22-Dec-2004
From: Mark Johnston < mjohnst4 at depaul.edu >
Subject: Spanish & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, DePaul University, IL, USA

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:15:33
From: Mark Johnston < mjohnst4 at depaul.edu >

University or Organization: DePaul University
Department: Modern Languages
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Foreign Language Pedagogy
Required Language: Spanish (SPN)

The Department of Modern Languages invites applications for a tenure-track
position in Spanish linguistics at the rank of assistant professor,
beginning in September, 2005. Candidates should have a strong interest in
the teaching of Spanish to heritage speakers. Responsibilities will include
teaching courses in Spanish at all levels, including Spanish linguistics
and language pedagogy, as well as advising students in teacher education
programs, and serving as liaison between the Department of Modern Languages
and the School of Education. Facility in other languages is an advantage.
Candidates must have the PhD in hand by September, 2005, native or
near-native fluency in Spanish and English, demonstrated expertise in
teaching, and evidence of an active scholarly agenda.

We seek candidates with a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate
education, experience teaching students of diverse cultural backgrounds,
and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural student
population. Tenure-line faculty participate in advising and committee
service and regularly teach in DePaul's general education, honors, and
interdisciplinary programs. We particularly seek candidates who mirror the
diversity of the university and its surrounding urban community, and we
specifically solicit applications from women, people of color, and
individuals from other historically under-represented groups.

To apply, send a letter, complete curriculum vitae, and three letters of
recommendation to the address below.  For full consideration, complete
applications must arrive by February 15, 2005 (note deadline extended from
original posting); no email inquiries or applications, please. DePaul University
is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.

Address for Applications:

Mark D. Johnston, Chair
Department of Modern Languages
DePaul University
802 W. Belden
Chicago, IL 60614
United States of America

Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2005

Contact Information:

Prof. Mark Johnston
Email: mjohnst4 at depaul.edu
Phone: (773) 325-7320
Website: http://condor.depaul.edu/~mol

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!