15.563, Qs: Children's Lang; Academic Discourse/Sign Lang

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 13 02:32:49 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-563. Thu Feb 12 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.563, Qs: Children's Lang; Academic Discourse/Sign Lang

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:28:09 -0500 (EST)
From:  Steve Napoli <snaps4 at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Secret/childrens languages

2)
Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:27:38 -0500 (EST)
From:  Gillian  Moss <gmoss at uninorte.edu.co>
Subject:  Acadmic discourse in sign language

Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:28:09 -0500 (EST)
From:  Steve Napoli <snaps4 at hotmail.com>

I am looking for information on how children manipulate languages to
create their own secret languages.  I have read the topics in the
archive, but am looking for some more specific information on the
language called ''Double Dutch'' i have read some things that suggest
that ''Double Dutch'' is the same as Pig Latin, but I don't think that
this is true.  Is there any information on how to speak ''Double
Dutch''?

Language-Family:  childrens languages; Code: