15.1600, FYI: Morphosyntactic Annotation Standardization

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu May 20 04:38:49 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1600. Thu May 20 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1600, FYI: Morphosyntactic Annotation Standardization

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 17 May 2004 05:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Eric De la Clergerie <Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr>

Date:  Mon, 17 May 2004 05:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Eric De la Clergerie <Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr>

Call for Discussions on Morphosyntactic Annotation Standardization

A preliminary proposal addressing the normalization of morphosyntactic
annotations is actually under discussion within ISO subcommittee
TC37SC4 on ''Language Resources Management''. It tries to establish a
generic framework to allow morphosyntactic annotations for various
kinds of documents, various tagsets and various languages.

After a first presentation last year at COLING'03, the proposal will
now be presented and discussed during the next TC37SC4 meeting to be
held on May 24-25 at Lisbon, just before LREC'04. Because such an
annotation framework would benefit the whole NLP community and should
therefore get the largest possible consensus, we would like to invite
all interested people to browse the current draft, send feedback
before (and after) the TC37SC4 meeting and/or attend this meeting.

We expect feedback on the current preliminary draft as well as
examples (tagsets, annotation frameworks, annotated sentences)
illustrating the potential weaknesses of the current proposal.

Useful links:
 - Contact: Eric de la Clergerie at Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr
   subscribe: https://sympa-rocq.inria.fr/wws/subrequest/maf
 - TC37SC4: http://www.tc37sc4.org
 - Preliminary draft:
   http://atoll.inria.fr/RNIL/TC37SC4-docs/draft-MAF.pdf
 - Presentation slides:
   http://atoll.inria.fr/RNIL/TC37SC4-docs/slides-MAF.pdf

Practical information (about TC37SC4 meeting):
	May 25th 9h00-12h30
	Universidade Nova de Lisboa
	Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas
	Avenida de Berna, 26 - C