15.1631, Jobs: French & Linguistics: Lecturer, Cork, Ireland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon May 24 16:26:54 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1631. Mon May 24 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1631, Jobs: French & Linguistics: Lecturer, Cork, Ireland

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sat, 22 May 2004 11:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:  mhoward at french.ucc.ie
Subject:  French & Linguistics: Lecturer, University College, Cork, Ireland

Date:  Sat, 22 May 2004 11:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:  mhoward at french.ucc.ie

University or Organization: University College, Cork
Department: French
Rank of Job: Lecturer
Specialty Areas:
Required Language(s): French (Code = FRN)

Applications are invited for a one-year temporary Lectureship in
French: http://www.ucc.ie/french/post0405.html The post arises from
the award of a Government of Ireland Fellowship made to Dr Martin
Howard by the Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social
Sciences. The successful candidate will have a strong academic
background in French and will have obtained, or will be near
completing, a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in French. The duties of the
successful candidate will include research and teaching (including
language teaching), and participation in the other areas of work of
the Department. The teaching duties will include courses in some or
all of the following areas in particular, the courses in question
being taken by students in the Faculties of Arts, Commerce and Law: -
linguistics, including phonetics and phonology,sociolinguistics, etc.;
- applied linguistics; - second language acquisition; - la
francophonie, including French in Canada.  Application forms must be
completed and are available, together with further particulars at
http://www.ucc.ie/appointments/academic or from Department of Human
Resources, University College, Cork, Ireland. Tel: +353.21.4902671 /
e-mail: recruitment at per.ucc.ie / Fax: +353.21.4276995.

Address for Applications:

	Department of Human Resources
	University College, Cork