15.3175, Jobs: Experimental Phonetics:Asst/Assoc Prof,U/Minnesota

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 12 03:05:57 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3175. Thu Nov 11 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3175, Jobs: Experimental Phonetics:Asst/Assoc Prof,U/Minnesota

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 11-Nov-2004
From: Linda Hinderscheit < hinde001 at tc.umn.edu >
Subject: Experimental Phonetics: Assistant/Associate Professor, University of Minnesota, MN, USA

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:59:45
From: Linda Hinderscheit < hinde001 at tc.umn.edu >

University or Organization: University of Minnesota
Department: Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences
Job Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics; Experimental Phonetics

Duties & Responsibities:
We are seeking a scholar to complement our research expertise. The successful
applicant also will teach undergraduate/graduate coursework  and provide service
to the department, college, and university.

Required Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences, Speech-Language Pathology, or related
discipline by start-date of appointment. Expertise in any aspect of speech
sciences, speech disorders, experimental phonetics, neural mechanisms of speech,
or motor control. For a tenured position at the rank of associate professor
position, a scholarly publication record, evidence of ability to secure external
funding, and evidence of teaching effectiveness are required.

Appointment Conditions:
Nine-month, tenured or tenure-track, full-time appointment.

Starting Salary:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Starting Date:
Fall Semester 2005 (08/29/05)

Application Deadline:
Review of applications will begin on Tuesday, January 18, 2005.
Applications considered until position is filled.

Application Instructions:
Send a cover letter that includes clear statements of research and teaching
interests, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, graduate
transcript(s), copies of published and unpublished works, and, if available,
evidence of effectiveness in teaching to the address below.

The University of Minnesota is commited to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability,
public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.

Address for Applications:

        Peter Watson, Ph.D., CCC
        Search Committee Chair
        Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences
        115 Shevlin Hall
        164 Pillsbury Drive SE
        Minneapolis MN 55455
        United States of America

Application Deadline: Open Until Filled

Contact Information:

        Dr. Peter Watson
        Email: pjwatson at umn.edu
        Phone: 612 624-1010
        Fax: 612 624-7586
        Website: http://www.slhs.umn.edu

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.