15.2727, Qs: Chamorro Phonology; Nushu References

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 1 21:25:46 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2727. Fri Oct 01 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2727, Qs: Chamorro Phonology; Nushu References

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 29-Sep-2004
From: vivian bryan < vivianb at umail.ucsb.edu >
Subject: Chamorro Phonology

2)
Date: 28-Sep-2004
From: Gabriela Pérez Báez < gp22 at buffalo.edu >
Subject: Nushu References

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:21:54
From: vivian bryan < vivianb at umail.ucsb.edu >

I'm a UCSB graduate student working on a phonology paper involving
Spanish loan words in Chamorro, specifically liquids going to ''t'' in codas. Is
there any information, current research or other resources on Chamorro
syllable structure, on liquids of loan words becoming ''t'' in the coda when
nativized into Chamorro? Does this phenomenon exist in any other
language--r/l from loan words going to t in codas when nativized?

Please send information to my email, and I will summarize and post what I
receive to Linguist.

Thank you,
Vivian
vivianb at umail.ucsb.edu