15.2766, Jobs: Romance Ling: Dept Head, U of Illinois Chicago

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 4 18:17:45 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2766. Mon Oct 04 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2766, Jobs: Romance Ling: Dept Head, U of Illinois Chicago

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Gayathri Sriram <gayatri at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 28-Sep-2004
From: Laura Oliver < llee at uic.edu >
Subject: Modified Re: 15.2724: Romance Ling: Dept Head, U of Illinois, Chicago, USA

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:12:20
From: Laura Oliver < llee at uic.edu >

University or Organization: University of Illinois at Chicago
Department: Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese
Job Rank: Department Head
Specialty Areas: Romance Linguistics or Literature
Required Language(s):  Romance

DEPARTMENT HEAD
DEPARTMENT OF SPANISH, FRENCH, ITALIAN & PORTUGUESE
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO

The Department of Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese at the
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) invites applications and
nominations for the position of Head, effective Fall 2005.  We will
consider applications from senior scholars in Romance Linguistics or
Literatures, with a preference for scholars in Latin American, Spanish, or
U.S. Latino Literatures.

Located near downtown Chicago, UIC is a Carnegie Doctoral / Research
Extensive University with 16,012 undergraduate and 9,216 graduate and
professional students.

In addition to our undergraduate degrees in Spanish, French, and Italian,
we offer the largest Spanish Ph.D. program in the Chicago area, one of the
few Hispanic Linguistics programs in the nation, and a thriving M.A.
program in French.  The Department enjoys active interdisciplinary
relationships with other units in the University including English, Gender
and Women's Studies, Latin American and Latino Studies, Moving Image Arts
(Cinema Studies), Psychology, and the College of Education.  These programs
attract a national and international pool of graduate students, and UIC
scholars draw on a rich resource base including the UIC Institute for the
Humanities and the Newberry Library.  The Department also has broad
community outreach, especially with the Chicago Public Schools.

The Department Head is the chief administrative officer with
responsibilities for the instructional programs of the Department,
administrative, budgetary, and promotion decisions.  The Department Head
also provides leadership in the areas of research, teaching, public
service, and community outreach.  Candidates should present a strong
research record and evidence of successful administrative performance, as
well as the ability to operate effectively in a collegial environment.
Candidates must be qualified for appointment at the rank of full professor
with tenure.  The position is available as of August 16, 2005.

To receive fullest consideration, applications should be received by
November 30, 2004. Applications should include a full curriculum vita, a
letter of application, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of
three academic references.  Applications and nominations should be
addressed to:

Professors Leon Fink and Astrida Orle Tantillo, Co-Chairs
Search Committee for the Head of Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese
University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (m/c 228)
601 S. Morgan Street
Chicago, IL 60607-7104
E-mail llee at uic.edu

The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer

Address for Applications:
	Professors Leon Fink & Astrida Orle Tantillo
	University of Illinois at Chicago
	601 S. Morgan Street (m/c 228)
	Chicago, IL 60607-7104
	United States of America

Application Deadline: 30-NOV-2004

Contact Information:
	Laura Oliver
	Email: llee at uic.edu
	Phone: 312-996-2169

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.