15.2915, Jobs: Psycholing: Asst/Assoc Prof, University of Calgary

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 15 04:16:42 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2915. Fri Oct 15 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2915, Jobs: Psycholing: Asst/Assoc Prof, University of Calgary

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 14-Oct-2004
From: Linda Toth < toth at ucalgary.ca >
Subject: Psycholinguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:10:42
From: Linda Toth < toth at ucalgary.ca >

University or Organization: University of Calgary
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics

The Department of Linguistics and the Department of Psychology at the University
of Calgary seek applications for a joint tenure-track appointment in
Psycholinguistics at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor. The
successful applicant must have a demonstrated ability to maintain a high
quality, independent research program, and be able to teach introductory courses
in Linguistics and/or Psychology as well as senior undergraduate and graduate
courses in his or her area of specialization.

Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Linguistics or Psychology. The start date for this
position is July 1, 2005. For more information about our Departments and the
University of Calgary, please visit our web sites
(http://www.fp.ucalgary.ca/Ling) and (http://www.psych.ucalgary.ca).

Applications, including a statement of interest, curriculum vitae, and recent
publications, should be sent to the joint search committee by December 15, 2004.
The applicant should also arrange to have three letters of reference forwarded
directly to the committee by this date.

The University of Calgary supports, appreciates, and encourages diversity. All
qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent
residents will be given priority.

Address for Applications:

Prof. John Archibald, Department of Linguistics or
Prof. Penny Pexman, Department of Psychology
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta
Canada,  T2N1N4

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2004

Contact Information:

Professor John Archibald
Email: john.archibald at ucalgary.ca
Phone: (403) 220-7316
Fax: (403) 282-3880

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!