15.2916, Jobs: Computational Ling: Asst Prof, Iowa State U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 15 04:23:48 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2916. Fri Oct 15 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2916, Jobs: Computational Ling: Asst Prof, Iowa State U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 14-Oct-2004
From: Dan Douglas < dandoug at iastate.edu >
Subject: Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing: Asst Prof, Iowa State University, Iowa, USA

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:19:18
From: Dan Douglas < dandoug at iastate.edu >

University or Organization: Iowa State University
Department: English
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing

Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing.  Assistant
Professor.  Tenure track.  Beginning August 2005.  Program in TESL/Applied
Linguistics in the Department of English at Iowa State University. The
candidate will teach courses in applied computational linguistics and other
courses in our undergraduate and graduate programs and serve on graduate
committees for the Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics and Technology and the M.A.
in TESL/Applied Linguistics. The candidate should be pursuing research in
applied aspects of computational linguistics, particularly in the analysis
of learner varieties of written or spoken English.  Doctorate in hand by
August 15, 2005.  Relevant teaching experience, publications preferred.
2-2 teaching load to begin.  Review of applications will begin December 15,
2004.  Send an application letter, a list of graduate courses completed,
three letters of reference, and a CV to Charles Kostelnick, Chair,
Department of English, 203 Ross Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
50011-1201.  AA/EO Employer.  Women and minorities are strongly encouraged
to apply.

Address for Applications:

Charles Kostelnick
Department of English, Iowa State U
203 Ross Hall
Ames, IA 50011
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled

Contact Information:

Carol Chapelle
Email: carolc at iastate.edu
Phone: (515) 294-7274
Website: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~apling

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!