15.3034, Qs: German Lang in Africa; Prenominal -ing Modifier

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 25 19:54:51 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3034. Mon Oct 25 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3034, Qs: German Lang in Africa; Prenominal -ing Modifier

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Steven Moran <steve at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Oct-2004
From: Manuela Belligoi < manubellig at libero.it >
Subject: German Lang in Africa

2)
Date: 24-Oct-2004
From: Yosuke Miyata < faiz at nfity.com >
Subject: Prenominal Modifiers

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:46:48
From: Manuela Belligoi < manubellig at libero.it >

Dear all,

my name is Manuela Belligoi, I'm a student at the University of Turin, Italy.

In order to start compiling my graduation thesis I'm looking for detailed
information about the linguistical legacy of the German language in the
region of African Great Lakes, (in particular the German legacy in Kirundi
language) I would need information which is possibly written in German.

Germans colonized this part of the continent between 18th and 19th
centuries -the so called ''Deutsche Ostafrika'' colony-, I
have alrealdy done some researches about the linguistical legacy of the
German language in the African languages of this area but could not find
anything relevant.

Could you help me, please, in finding some reference books, articles etc.?
or tell me where I could find something which could be useful to me?

I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Manuela Belligoi

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Sociolinguistics