15.2520, Jobs: Comp Ling/Cognitive Science:Programmer, Vantage

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 10 23:13:17 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2520. Fri Sep 10 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2520, Jobs: Comp Ling/Cognitive Science:Programmer, Vantage

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:55:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:  hr at vantage.com
Subject:  Jobs: Computational Ling, Cognitive Science: Programmer, Vantage, PA

Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:55:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:  hr at vantage.com

University or Organization: Vantage
Rank of Job: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Cognitive Science
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin; Korean & English
                      (Code = CHN), (Code = KKN)

Artificial Intelligence, and Language Positions Open

-Innovations in Understanding...Intelligent Technology for Intelligent
Decisions.

Vantage Research is responsible for long-term research and development
of natural language technologies and solutions in Speech, and
Artificial Intelligence. Our team has a +10-year track record in R&D
of linguistic technology and artificial intelligence applications.

We are currently looking for:

LINGUISTS AND COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTS
Job responsibilities: You design, develop, and test linguistic models
and rules for a variety of technologies and applications.

Requirements:
You have a Masters Degree in Computational Linguistics or Computer
Science, and 3 years of experience.

EXPERTS - RESEARCHERS
Job responsibilities: You contribute to all development requiring
expertise in one or more of the following fields:
. semantics and ontologies
. machine learning and expert systems
. statistics
. Japanese linguistics
Requirements: You have a university degree in Computer Science or
Linguistics, with relevant postgraduate R&D experience.

SOFTWARE ENGINEERS
Job responsibilities: You design and implement solutions, interfaces,
components, and supporting tools. You solve highly complex problems
where data analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors.

Requirements: You have a degree in Computer Science and several years
of development experience in C++. You have strong OO and logic
skills. You have a thorough knowledge of the Win32 or Unix development
environment. Experience with Java, JavaScript, and .Net.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Computational Linguist Human Resources
	110 Terry Drive
	Newtown, PA 18940
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 30-Sep-2004