15.2622, Jobs: Spanish/Applied Ling:Asst Prof, U/Illinois Urbana

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 21 16:40:23 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2622. Tue Sep 21 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2622, Jobs: Spanish/Applied Ling:Asst Prof, U/Illinois Urbana

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 20-Sep-2004
From: Kathy Schilson < kats at uiuc.edu >
Subject: Spanish/Applied Ling: Asst Professor, U/Illinois Urbana, USA

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:38:25
From: Kathy Schilson < kats at uiuc.edu >
University or Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Department: Spanish, Italian & Portuguese
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Spanish
Required Language(s): Spanish

Assistant Professor, full-time tenure-track, in Spanish Applied
Linguistics with specialization in second-language acquisition,
bilingualism, or closely related field. We seek a promising scholar
with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and a
well-defined research and publication program that complements
existing departmental strengths. Responsibilities include teaching at
the graduate and undergraduate level as well as in the
interdisciplinary doctoral certificate in Second Language Acquistion.
The successful candidate will also participate in the advising of
graduate students as well as in the direction of their research.
Professional-level proficiency in Spanish and English is required.
Applicants should hold the Ph.D. by date of appointment. Entry-level
salary with Ph.D. completed is $52,000. Starting date: August 2005.
To ensure full consideration, CV, three letters of recommendation,
sample publications and/or dissertation chapter, and evidence of
excellence in teaching (statistical summaries for at least three
courses preferred) must be received by November 15, 2004.

Address for Applications:
	Professor Diane Musumeci, OEOA# 9455
	4080 Foreign Languages Bldg., MC-176
	707 S. Mathews Ave.
	Urbana, IL 61801
	United States of America
Application Deadline: 2004-11-15 00:00:00.0

Contact Information:
	Professor Diane Musumeci
	Email: sip at uiuc.edu
	Phone: (217) 244-3252
	Fax: (217) 244-8430
	Website: http://www.sip.uiuc.edu/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!