16.1271, Confs: General Ling/Turku, Finland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 20 17:17:37 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1271. Wed Apr 20 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1271, Confs: General Ling/Turku, Finland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Andrea Berez <andrea at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Apr-2005
From: Sanna-Kaisa Tanskanen < sakata at utu.fi >
Subject: Organization in Discourse 3: The Interactional Perspective

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:16:24
From: Sanna-Kaisa Tanskanen < sakata at utu.fi >

Organization in Discourse 3: The Interactional Perspective
Short Title: OID3

Date: 09-Aug-2006 - 13-Aug-2006
Location: Turku, Finland
Contact: Sanna-Kaisa Tanskanen
Contact Email: oid3 at utu.fi
Meeting URL: http://www.hum.utu.fi/engfil/oid3.html

OID3 is an international conference on discourse and interaction, organized by
the Interaction Research Group at the Departments of English, Finnish, French
and German at the University of Turku.

An international conference on discourse and interaction will be organized in
Turku, Finland, 9-13 August, 2006, by the Interaction Research Group at the
Departments of English, Finnish, French and German. The conference is a sequel
to Organization in Discourse (held in 1994) and Organization in Discourse II:
The Historical Perspective (held in 2002).

The plenary speakers will include:
Maria Egbert (University of Southern Denmark)
Anita Fetzer (Lüneburg University)
Risto Hiltunen (University of Turku)
Linda Waugh (University of Arizona)
Simeon Yates (Sheffield Hallam University)

Papers and posters will be invited from scholars working on discourse studies,
interactional linguistics and pragmatics. We shall welcome papers dealing with
discourse from an interactional perspective in any language and any period, as
well as suggestions for thematic sessions. We are equally interested in all
types of interaction, spoken, written or electronic.

The working languages of the conference will be English, French and German.

Contact us to be included in our mailing list. The First Circular and a Call for
Papers will be sent in the summer of 2005.

Organizing Committee: Sanna-Kaisa Tanskanen (chair), Marja-Liisa Helasvuo,
Marjut Johansson, Johanna Karhukorpi and Mia Raitaniemi.

E-mail: oid3[at]utu.fi
Conference URL: http://www.hum.utu.fi/engfil/oid3.html

Postal address:
OID3 Conference