16.39, Jobs: Persian/Translation: Translator, MD

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 11 20:54:13 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-39. Tue Jan 11 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.39, Jobs: Persian/Translation: Translator, MD

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 30-Dec-2004
From: Raquel Cosden < rmcosde at nsa.gov >
Subject: Persian & Translation: Translator, National Security Agency, MD, USA

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:49:02
From: Raquel Cosden < rmcosde at nsa.gov >

University or Organization: National Security Agency
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Farsi, Eastern (PRS)

We are seeking full time language analysts to work at our Maryland location.  We
offer federal benefits,relocation and sign on bonus for qualified applicants.

As an NSA Language Analyst, your work has a powerful impact in providing the
most complete and accurate Signals Intelligence picture to U.S. policymakers,
military commanders, and Intelligence Community members.

Working directly with the original written or spoken language, you are the first
person to determine the relevance of intelligence collected, to analyze, and to
put the information into context. You may even be called upon to research and
understand a culture in which a specific language is spoken.

Career Paths in Foreign Languages:
NSA is particularly interested in individuals who are proficient in Asian or
Middle Eastern languages. We are looking for those with the following language
capabilities:

Amharic
Arabic (Modern Standard and all dialects)
Baluchi
Chinese
Dari
Haitian Creole
Hindi
Japanese
Korean
Kurdish
Pashto
Persian-Farsi
Philippine Languages
Portuguese
Scientific Linguist
Somali
Swahili
Thai
Turkish
Uighur
Urdu/Punjabi

All applicants must be U.S citizens and reside in the United States.

Address for Applications:

        Raquel Cosden
        P.O Box 1661
        Attn: MB Suite 6779
        Ft. Meade, MD 20755
        United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

        Raquel Cosden
        Email: rmcosde at nsa.gov

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.