16.40, Jobs: Hebrew/Modern Hebrew: Lecturer, U of Virginia

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 11 21:02:16 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-40. Tue Jan 11 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.40, Jobs: Hebrew/Modern Hebrew: Lecturer, U of Virginia

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 30-Dec-2004
From: Daniel Lefkowitz < dl2h at virginia.edu >
Subject: Hebrew & Modern Hebrew: Lecturer, University of Virginia, VA, USA

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:56:36
From: Daniel Lefkowitz < dl2h at virginia.edu >

University or Organization: University of Virginia
Department: Asian and Middle Eastern Languages & Cultures
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Modern Hebrew Language
Required Language: Hebrew (HBR)

The Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures at the
University of Virginia invites applications for a full-time lectureship in
Modern Hebrew, to begin 25 August 2005. Primary teaching responsibilities will
be basic language classes in Modern Hebrew, but we seek a candidate who can also
teach an advanced conversation course that might emphasize Israeli politics,
arts and literature, or popular culture. This position carries a teaching load
of three courses per semester. Native or near-native fluency in Israeli Hebrew
is required, and experience teaching Modern Hebrew at the university level is
strongly preferred. Candidates must hold an MA or PhD. Review of applications
will begin on February 1st, 2005.

Interested candidates should submit a letter of introduction, an updated
curriculum vitae, a video-tape of classroom teaching (if available), and three
letters of recommendation.

The University of Virginia is an EO/AA employer.

Address for Applications:

Daniel Lefkowitz, Chair
Hebrew Recruitment Committee
Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures
P.O. Box 400781
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia, VA 22904-4781
United States of America

Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2005

Contact Information:

Daniel Lefkowitz
Email: dl2h at virginia.edu
Phone: (434) 982-3093
Fax: (434) 924-6977
Website: http://www.virginia.edu/amelc/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!