16.2033, Confs: General Ling/Berlin, Germany

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 30 17:50:43 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2033. Thu Jun 30 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2033, Confs: General Ling/Berlin, Germany

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Takako Matsui <tako at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jun-2005
From: Laura Downing < downing at zas.gwz-berlin.de >
Subject: International Conference on Focus in African Languages

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:48:48
From: Laura Downing < downing at zas.gwz-berlin.de >

International Conference on Focus in African Languages
Short Title: Focus in African Langs

Date: 06-Oct-2005 - 08-Oct-2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact: Laura Downing
Contact Email: fial05 at zas.gwz-berlin.de
Meeting URL: http://www.zas.gwz-berlin.de/events/ibfc/

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Language Description

Meeting Description:

The theme of the conference is the expression of information structure
in  African languages. The final program is intended to represent a broad
range of African languages and also a broad range of themes and
approaches to  this topic.

The invited speakers represent this broad range of themes and languages:
Enoch Aboh, Larry Hyman, Victor Manfredi, Stéphane Robert, Russell Schuh.

We are pleased to announce that the program for FiAL05, held at the ZAS in
Berlin on 6-8 October 2005, has been posted on the conference website:
http://www.zas.gwz-berlin.de/events/ibfc/

The program for the 9 October Bantu workshop, held in conjunction with the
conference, has also been posted at this website.

Please note that there is no registration fee for the conference. However, the
organizers would be grateful if you could contact them in advance to let them
know if you plan to attend.