16.809, Jobs: Translation/Linguistics: Post Doc, Spain

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 17 03:37:18 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-809. Wed Mar 16 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.809, Jobs: Translation/Linguistics: Post Doc, Spain

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 15-Mar-2005
From: Enric Vallduvi < enric.vallduvi at upf.edu >
Subject: Translation and/or Linguistics: Post Doc, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Catalonia, Spain

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:26:56
From: Enric Vallduvi < enric.vallduvi at upf.edu >

University or Organization: Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Department: Department of Translation and Philology
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Translation and/or Linguistics

Spanish Government Funded Research Posts
Department of Translation and Philology
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
http://www.upf.edu/dtf

The Spanish Ministry of Science & Education (MEC) has published two calls
for applications for junior research positions for 2005-06: the Ramon y
Cajal program (PhDs who obtained their PhD degree 10 years ago max.) and
the Juan de la Cierva (PhDs who obtained their PhD degree 3 years ago
max.). The prerequisits for the candidates and the conditions of the
contracts are described in the following pages of MEC (Spanish and
English) and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)(Catalan) and are summarized
on the DTF webpage (http://www.upf.edu/dtf, link at page top):

Prerequisites & conditions Ramon y Cajal:
http://www.mec.es/ciencia/cajal (in Spanish & English)
http://www.upf.edu/rece/convoc/resum/rei2928.htm (in Catalan)
Prerequisites & conditions Juan de la Cierva:
http://www.mec.es/ciencia/delacierva/index.html (in Spanish & English)
http://www.upf.edu/rece/convoc/resum/rei2929.htm (in Catalan)

The Department of Translation and Philology (DTF) at Universitat Pompeu
Fabra plans on being able to incorporate TWO Ramon y Cajal researchers
working on the areas covered by the Department. DTF  hosts the following
research groups, one of which the successful Ramon y Cajal candidates should join:
- Translation, Reception, and Literature
- Centre for the Study of Translation and Discourse (CEDIT)
- Discourse Studies Group (GED)
- Research Group on Language Learning and Language Teaching (GR at EL)
- Research Group on the Adquisition of Enviromental Languages (ReGAEL)
- Formal Linguistics Research Group (GLIF)
- Computational Linguistics Research Group (GLICOM)

Applications are done directly through the MEC webpage indicated above
(though the application must be printed later and submitted, along with
enclosures, in one of the specified manners). The selection process is
carried out entirely by MEC. Candidates endorsed by MEC will then be able
to opt for one of the two positions offered by DTF. The deadline for
submission is April 2, 2005. For additional information, see
http://www.upf.edu/dtf (link at top of page) or contact Enric Vallduví
(name.lastname at upf.edu; no accents or capitals). If you plan on
submitting an application and are interested in joining DTF, please let
us know through the above address.

The Department of Translation and Philology will also welcome applications from
Juan de la Cierva junior researchers. Their applications and their research must
be connected to one of the following research projects (each project may endorse
only one candidate):
- Integrated architecture for advanced text processing (ARQUITEXT). P.I.:
Toni Badia
- Design and impact of tools for the development of strategic competence  in the
learning of foreign languages in a university context (DEICOMECU). P.I.: Olga Esteve
-The 'Stay-abroad Factor' in the acquisition of a foreign language (English).
Short term effects and success variables. Contrast to formal instruction. P.I.:
Carmen Pérez
- Noncanonical constructions in oral discourse: a comparative study  (NOCANDO).
P.I.: Enric Vallduví

Candidates interested in a Juan de la Cierva contract should contact the
principal investigator of the relevant project immediately
(name.lastname at upf.edu; no accents or capitals), since the actual application is
submitted by UPF. The P.I. must have received all relevant documents (some in
hard copy, some in soft copy; see call info) by March 29, 2005 (before 11:00AM).

Address for Applications:

	Enric Vallduvi
	See details in announcement
	Barcelona, Catalonia E-08002
	Spain

Application Deadline: 29-Mar-2005

Contact Information:

	Enric Vallduvi
	Email: enric.vallduvi at upf.edu
	Phone: +34935422248
	Website: http://www.upf.edu/dtf

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.