16.825, Jobs: Australian Aboriginal Langs: Linguist, Australia

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 18 00:20:20 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-825. Thu Mar 17 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.825, Jobs: Australian Aboriginal Langs: Linguist, Australia

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 17-Mar-2005
From: Vaso Elefsiniotis < linguist at yamaji.com.au >
Subject: Australian Aboriginal Languages: Linguist, Yamaji Language Centre, WA, Australia

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:16:35
From: Vaso Elefsiniotis < linguist at yamaji.com.au >

University or Organization: Yamaji Language Centre
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Australian Aboriginal Languages
Required Language(s): Wariyangga (WRI); Pama-Nyungan

The Yamaji Languages Aboriginal Corporation (Yamaji Language Centre) is seeking
to employ a full-time qualified Linguist/Teacher to continue work in the
reservation, maintenance and revival of Warriyangka and Ngarlawangga languages.
This position is available until the 30th June 2005, and will be extended
pending further funding.

A. Essential:
-Qualifications in Linguistics, or demonstrated skills and experience in
Linguistics and Linguistic fieldwork

B. Desirable:
- Qualifications in Education
- Speaks an Aboriginal language, or has a second language
- Experience working with Aboriginal languages
- Word processing and desktop publishing experience

For further information, a full job description or selection criteria, contact
the Manager Garry Ronan or Linguist Vaso Elefsiniotis on (08-99643550), or email
expressions of interest to linguist at yamaji.com.au.

Address for Applications:

	Ms Vaso Elefsiniotis
	PO Box 433
	Geraldton, WA 6531
	Australia

Application Deadline: 18-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Ms Vaso Elefsiniotis
	Email: linguist at yamaji.com.au
	Phone: 08 99643550
	Fax: 08 99644690

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.